Introduction to Implant Dentistry: The Fundamentals
If you are struggling with where to start with implantology we will cover the fundamentals of implant dentistry and how to get your practice started.
If you don’t understand which cases to tackle and which ones to refer on, we will cover a simple traffic light system of which cases are easy, moderate or best to send away!
If you want to refresh anatomy and implant techniques, we will cover the latest research and best practices when it comes to surgical implantology.
If you want to learn how to incorporate digital dentistry with your implant practice we will go over the options in scanners, implant guide software and 3D printing.
Understand how to read 3D x-rays and plan safe and effective implant surgery.
Day 1 – Lecture
- Understand the fundamentals of safe surgery and implantology.
- Dental Implants in General Dental Practice and Implant treatment decision making.
- Become familiar with surgical anatomy, surgical techniques, equipment required, and using CBCT software to plan implant surgery.
- Learn about patient selection, radiographic evaluation and understand which cases are appropriate to tackle and which cases are best to refer.
- Learn about the concept of prosthetically digitally-driven implant planning to ensure the proper position and orientation of each implant ﬁxture for the ideal restoration.
- Understand osseointegration, wound healing, flap design, and suturing techniques.
- Be comfortable with discussing implant surgery with patients and comfortable with discussions of postoperative management.
- Dr Ahmad Al-Hassiny shares his case presentations and key learning experiences. The good and the bad!
Day 2 – Hands-On Workshop
- How to tackle implant surgery safely. Learn everything you need to know about socket augmentation and biomaterials.
- Learn the fundamentals of flap design and how to tackle implant surgery.
- Struggling with which equipment to buy? Learn the armamentarium you need for implant surgery.
- Understand osteotomy, implant burs and components using a surgical kit to carry out and place an implant.
- Extensive hands-on practice on pig jaws raising a flap, osteotomy and placement of implants. Ahmad will show you how to do it, then you practice on your own pig jaw and place as many implants as you like.
- Learn how to properly suture and control soft tissue in implant surgery.
- Hands-on socket augmentation, placing membranes and bone grafting.
For more information or to register for this course please visit: instituteofdigitaldentistry.com/implantcourse